This second week has gone by rather quickly. We are trying to settle into a routine so we can get things done around the house. For the most part you have been a great little baby. You sleep, eat and chill pretty good for not being an adult. We had your "official doctor's appointment" on Friday. The circumcision cap had to be removed by Colin. You gained 8 ounces which is pretty amazing since most newborns will drop in weight. Also you grew an inch, at the hospital you were 19 inches long. However, you measured 21 inches. The nurse said that you were missed measured at the hospital and it should have been 20 inches at birth. While I was getting you dressed at the end of the appointment I brushed up against your umbilical cord and it was hanging on by a thread - literally. Colin had to get a scalpel to cut the last little bit free. Good thing we were at the doctor's office, I was getting rather squeamish.
Toby has started to get jealous and is reverting back to bad behavior. We are still trying to find a balance of life, work, relaxing and Toby time. We are going to start taking you and Toby for walks, hopefully this will make him feel like part of the family still. We will have to see how it works. Toby is still really curios about who you are and why we pay attention to you, obviously you don't move, make noise, or really do a lot at the moment. Unlike Toby who just wants to play fetch or bark really loudly when he thinks it is either too quiet or we aren't paying attention to him.
The last two nights you haven't wanted to sleep a lot so we have spent a lot of time just rocking you in our arms. It isn't that you are crying, just being fussy and not wanting to sleep. When I try to put the pacifier in your mouth you will either ball up your arms to block me or shake your head from side to side. I usually win the fight and get the pacifier in your mouth so you start to fall asleep. I still can't believe that you are finally a part of our family and that each week you change. I hope and pray that you don't grow up while I am still trying to figure out how to be a dad.
No comments:
Post a Comment